- Premium Cava Experience
- 9 hours
- Tour guide
Availability Tuesday To Friday
The ultimate Enoturism Experience for sparkling wine lovers: travel through the bubbly world of the most delicious cavas of Penedes!
Between Vilafranca del Penedès and Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, the capital of cava. Within 45 minute drive only from Barcelona, discover top crafted, niche cavas unique in the world.
What's in store for you
- Discover the Penedès landscape and Garraf mountains
- Visit 2 family-owned wineries (bodegas), specialized in niche cavas
- Taste different types of long-aged cavas (de larga crianza)
- Make and label your own bottle of cava to take home!
- Learn how to pair cava with food during your lunch in a 300 year old winery
What makes that tour special
We're making your life easy
- Private tour: your guide will be dedicated to you and you only for the day.
- Personal treatment: these boutique wineries operate their tours upon request only.
- No transport fuss: your guide will pick you up from your accommodation place and drive you back after the trip.
- Slow travel:I designed this tour for you to enjoy each place we visit. Unlike group tours you won’t be rushed around.
100% authentic Catalonian experience
- Visit boutique wineries, with rare and unique cava making technique.
- Learn about the region’s history of wine making and agricultural methods.
- Lunch: experience an authenticlunch in a winery and learn how to pair different cavas with food, the traditional Catalonian way.
- Make your own bottle of cava the way it’s been done in the region for over a century
For more information about my services, visit “My Guarantee”
I’ll pick you up from your accommodation place.
Meet Pere, alocal cava legend!
With the owner Pere and Marta his daughter, you’ll discover cava de larga crianza: a long-aged, top quality cava involving painstakingly manual and complex production.
Note there are only a handful of wineries in Penedès that make this particular sort of cava.
Not only will you taste some of the most scrumptious cava in the world: you’ll also take part in the making!
They will challenge you to make your own bottle of cava, which means you’ll go through the delicate disgorging process (taking off the temporary lid to let the yeast escape… not the cava!).
You’ll also cork, quality check and label your bottle like a real pro.
Wine tasting doesn’t have to be an uptight affair!
Imagine a bunch of cool guys combining tradition and iconoclast vision.
Here enter Èric and Ramon. The winemaker and the foodie.
They will share with you their drastically different take on cava: Making the most traditional sparkling nectars while breaking the rules.
Still in our 2nd winery, you’ll enjoy a gourmet lunch, following the traditional meal and cava order.
Prepared with love in the 300 year old kitchen by Ramon, each dish, from entrance to dessert will be accompanied by its own, specific cava.
This is upgraded Tapas 2.0 for you!
I will drive you back to your accommodation for you to rest after a long day out in the country.
|Tour type||Premium Private Wine tasting|
|Meeting point||Your accommodation in Barcelona or Sitges|
|Number of guests||
From 1 to 7 persons
Van rental for groups between 5 and 7 persons
|Booking confirmation||✔ Within 24 hours|
✔ Free of charge up to 14 days before tour date
✖ No refund within 14 days of tour date
|✔ Private guide and driver||✔ Entrance tickets|
|✔ Guest pick up free of charges||✔ A/C car or van rental|
|✔ Cava pairing lunch||✔ Cava tasting|
|✔ Lunch mealMake your own cava workshop||✔ Your own bottle of cava to take home|