- Wine Tour in Penedes
- 9 hours
- Tour guide
From 5 to 7 people: 119€ per person.
Availability Tuesday To Sunday
Barcelona is one of the most exciting city to visit, yet it is only a small part of Catalonia.
Discover the Penedes countryside through wine tasting in boutique wineries for a full Catalonian experience!
In the Penedès valley, nested between Vilafranca, the county capital, and Garraf Natural Park. In 45 minute drive only from Barcelona, that country getaway can be yours!
What's in store for you
- Discover the Penedès landscape and Garraf mountains
- Visit 2 distinct family wineries (bodegas): a cava winery and a red/white wine bodega
- Taste 6 different wines
- Enjoy an authentic tapas lunch in a restaurant where you will be treated like family
What makes that tour special
We're making your life easy
- Private tour: your guide will be dedicated to you and you only for the day.
- Personal treatment: Instead, get services from professional guide and passionate local people, booked solely for you.
- No transport fuss: your guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Barcelona or Sitges and drive you back after the trip.
- Slow travel:this tour is made for you to enjoy each place we visit. Unlike group tours we are never behind schedule
- Tailored to your needs: you have the option to customize your tour according to your preferences/ budget.
100% authentic Catalonian experience
- Visit small family wineries, with real craft signature. No big winery on the list.
- Learn about the region’s history of wine making and agricultural methods.
- Lunch restaurant: catered to the local community, you’ll experience the best, authentic tapas from the region.
- Mingle with the local people throughout the tour – not tourists
For more information about my services, visit “My Guarantee”
I’ll pick you up from your accommodation at 9:30.
We’ll stop at a family-owned cava producer, up the Subirats hills.
You’ll taste 2 types of cava and have a walk around the property with Marçal, a family member.
Marçal will share with you his family story, traditional folklore… and Cava Making 101 indeed.
You’ll discover all the secrets of cava making and become an expert!
If you don’t know the difference between Cava and Champagne yet: soon, you’ll be able to impress your peers with your technical knowledge!
Specialized in organic red and white wine, this family winery is situated near the town Vilafranca, the county capital.
3 wines tasting: 1 rose, 1 white wine and 1 red wine.
Karina, the winemaker herself will share numerous useful tips on how to enhance your wine tasting experience.
Plus, you’ll become familiar with organic and biodynamic agriculture in wine making.
This small restaurant is popular among the locals for its home-made, traditional cuisine.
Nuria, the restaurant owner, will prepare you a copious tapas assortment from fresh, seasonal and locally produced food. It’s a bit like going to your Catalan grandmother for a Sunday lunch!
Should you have any food allergy/ requirement: no worries, Nuria will happily suggest you some alternative.
An indispensable stop for authentic tapas lovers!
I will drive you back to your accommodation for you to rest after a long day out in the country.
|Tour type||Private Wine tasting|
|Meeting point||Your accommodation in Barcelona or Sitges|
|Number of guests||
From 1 to 7 persons
Van rental for groups between 5 and 7 persons
✔ Free of charge up to 14 days before tour date
✖ No refund within 14 days of tour date
|✔ Private guide and driver||✔ Entrance tickets|
|✔ Guest pick up free of charges||✔ A/C car or van rental|
|✔ Lunch meal||✔ 6 cavas and wines|